Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Book challenge for 2009

My colleague Scarlett and I have decided to take the 999 challenge as seen on Library Thing.We have to read 9 books of your choice in 9 different categories of your choice in 2009.That is a total of 81 books for the year, it certainly will be a challenge.
My categories are: Books Made Into Movies, Short Listed and Man-Booker Prize Winners, Word of Mouth, Chic Lit, Classic Reading, Australian Authors, Biographies, 1001 Must Reads and Crime.
I have picked my lists for books made into movies,booker prize winners, australian authors and 1001 must reads. I am still to complete the other 5 lists.
Scarlett's lists comprise of Embarassing gaps in my reading, Stagnant bookself books, Orange prize winners, Man-Booker prize winners, Books made into movies, 1001 must reads,Australian authors, Recommended reads and Crime.
There is only one rule and that is you can only have 6 cross over books in your 9 catagories.
Stayed tuned to see how it all pans out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, that does sound like an interesting Challenge. I have a suggestion for one of your chic lit novels.

The List (I'm a Virgo that's what I do) you can buy it via Amazon, or this link. www.eloquentbooks.com/thelist.html

good luck

Alba said...

Good luck with the Challenge - it's certainly a big task.